As we all know due to COVID 19, all the educational institutions were supposed to be closed to avoid the spread of the severe acute respiratory syndrome Coronavirus.
The Ministry of Education Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Monday, October 5 issued new guidelines for reopening schools in a suitable way by maintaining physical social distance.
Table of Contents
Both online and offline classes will be available
Every state and Union Territories have to frame their own set of rules for health, hygiene, and safety learning by maintaining social distance. As I have earlier mentioned online as well as offline classes will be available, students may choose according to their parent’s consent.
Recommendations by Education Minister
Here are some SOP/ Precautions that each and every school has to follow
- There should be a proper flow of air in indoor areas.
- The schools will have to disinfect every corner of the schools like tables, rooms, corridors, water taps, washrooms, grounds for the safety of students.
- The time of entry and exit for every student will be plan while following social distance
- It is the main responsibility of schools to collect information on the current health status of students
- All the students, teachers, and workers will have to wear a face mask at all times.
- All the students will have to keep their sanitization bottles and pouch with them.
- Proper sitting arrangements to avoid any disturbance.
- In case any students suffering old diseases or showing the symptoms of COVID 19, he or she will not be allowed to attend the school & remain in a proper isolation ward.
- All the mid meals workers will have to very much careful in preparing food. The food should be served hot and cooked well
The Government has already made this thing very clear that there will no assessment till up to 2-3 weeks of school reopening. At last, I must say teachers have to educate students regarding the pandemic and provide emotional support.
Writing Credits – Silky Setia