Table of Contents
Qualities Possessed by the Image Sensor
The camera sensor can deliver a 40,000 pixel color image using RGB Bayer chip. The OmniVision OV6948 comes with a 1/3 inch optical format.
The camera sensor of this device can capture 200×200 resolutions videos at 30 fps (frames per second).The sensor delivers 1,000 mV/Lux-sec low light sensitivity and uses the company’s In – house sensor technology ‘OMNBSI + pixel to deliver quality images.
The sensor can shoot up to 120 degree wide angle’s view and give depth of field range up to 30 mm.
The company that has made this device claims that OV6948 is the smallest camera with chip on tip. It is also the ultra small camera which features backside illumination.
Also Read About variancetv
Uses of the Image Sensor
The company says that it was developed initially for small outer diameter medical endoscopes and catheters. This has made the medical science a bit easier in diagnosing a particular pathology due to detection of even minor lesion.
The device has been designed into various other forms to derive maximum benefits. It includes dental, veterinary, IOT, industrial, wearable, forensic devices and some others as well.
It offers exceptional low light sensitivity of 100 pmV/Lux-sec.
By using the proprietary sensor technology of OmniVision’s, it deliver not only smaller size of detection but also the excellent quality of the image is been delivered by it with respect to the color fidelity, sharpness and low noise.
Device Construction Features
- The device is so designed that it works at a very low power that is it consumes very less amount of power therefore due to sensor’s low power consumption it generates very less heat.
- The less heat generated at the distal end of the endoscope has made it very useful. It also improves the comfort of the patient due to less heat generation. This feature of it has made it much more useful to use it for long duration procedures.
- The sensor also enables easy integration with a 4-pin interface and analog data output.
- The company also claims on the website that the sensor is capable of transmission of data up to 4 meters of range .There is also minimum noise production.
- The OmniVision’s 6948 wafer- level camera module offers a compact high quality solution for disposable guide wires, catheters and endoscopes.
- The catheter and endoscope are widely used in the medical science. These need to be comfortable for the patients as well as doctors to carry out long duration procedures.
- These have experienced growing demand because of their ability to reduce cross contamination risks, downtime insufficiencies.
- They are also cost effective and have reduced the cost associated with the repairs.
- It has also reduced the cost of preprocedural testing associated with endoscopes and catheters.
- It has improved sterilization process for reusable endoscopes.
- These small compact devices have greatly improved the comfort of working for dental and other procedures also.
- In addition, these compact disposable medical devices can improve patient’s comfort and decrease the recovery time that is healing becomes easy and faster.
- This ultra small camera also provides better low light performance to help reduce LED heat along with improved sensitivity.
All the above benefits are due to sensor’s low power consumption of around only 25mW.
This less heat is better for flexible procedure duration.
The record made by OmniVision’s smallest sensor is based on the testing of the product beforehand.
The market research is also carried out by Transparency market reserve in Pune, India on 10th April’2019.
Company has thus constructed a very beneficial device for all of us to use. If it is used in a proper way with proper technique, we can draw maximum advantage from the Image sensor.
As this sensor has opened up a new way of medical imaging capabilities we must thank to its compact form, low light compatibility and to OmniVision’s OmniBSI technology.