Special award ceremony held on September 17th, 2020 in Abu Dhabi was a memorable meeting for everyone. Chennai Super Kings paid a grand tribute to star players before defending the Mumbai Indians in the opening of IPL 2020 on September 19, 2020. Players like MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo and various others were commemorated there.
How was the meeting special?
The meeting was made special by turning the ordinary pre-season dinner into a memorable lunch this time. And the super duper awards given to the champions made the meeting more adorable.
Players who were rewarded
Various players were rewarded in different ways depending upon their skill and capabilities. Main one’s are listed below:
- MS Dhoni – A leading batsman and an iconic captain MS Dhoni was bestowed with a golden cap. He lead CSK’s to three titles, eight final appearances and ten play-offs. He was leading the side for 10 seasons and scored the most runs for the Super Kings in IPL 2019.
- Ravindra Jadeja – All rounder Ravindra Jadeja was rewarded with a Special Sword Memento. He is a 31 year old sole left arm spinner to take 108 wickets in IPL and scored 1900 plus runs.
- Dwayne Bravo –West Indies star Dwayne bravo was acknowledged for becoming the first cricketer to claim 500 wickets in T20. He was rewarded for this marvellous achievements in the field of cricket.
- Shane Watson –Former Australian all rounder Shane Watson received a beautiful gift from Chennai super kings for playing an important role in the last IPL season. He was one of CSK’s top performers in the last edition of IPL.
- Mike Hussey –Mike Hussey was rewarded for being with the franchise for 10 long years as a batsman of Australia and is widely known by his nickname “Mr. Cricket”.
- Parasakhti express –Imran Tahir has been termed as the “Parasakhti express” by CSK due to one of the best wicket celebrations in cricket. He was awarded for being the most successful spinner who won purple cap in one edition of IPL.
Writing Credits – Ankita Garg