As the winter season has just commenced, so we all need to be cautious about our health. Now, you must be wondering, how? It’s very simple! All the products are available at our home which can keep us healthy throughout the winters. Ocimum Tenuiflorum also called Tulsi, or Holy Basil is an aromatic and sacred shrub and can be found easily in most of the homes.
Table of Contents
It Has Enormous Significance in Religion and Ayurveda
As far as religious importance is concerned, Tulsi is being worshiped mainly by Hindus as an avatar of Lakshmi. They consider it as a holy plant. Usually, two types of Tulsi are worshiped in Hindu religion. One is Rama Tulsi (light green leaves), and the other one is Shyama Tulsi (dark green leaves).
Tulsi leaves are being used in Ayurveda for thousands of years because of its medicinal properties. It is now discovered as an adaptogenic herb which aids in combating stress and treating several ailments.
It has countless benefits as it is a complete package of vitamins, electrolytes, minerals and phytonutrients which serves as a boon to human beings and is enlisted herewith.
- It has antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It assists in curing fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu, and chest congestion because it protects us from various bacteria and viruses.
- It is also beneficial in treating conditions like hepatitis, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue and swine flu.
- It is considered to be an anti-stress agent and thus, alleviates stress.
- It strengthens the immune system of a person and also aids in the digestion process.
- Essential oils, found in tulsi, are rich in antioxidants which are beneficial in treating respiratory ailments like chronic bronchitis and asthma.
- It also helps in regulating elevated blood sugar levels and is, therefore, beneficial for diabetic patients.
- It aids in diminishing the risk of cardiovascular disease and controlling blood pressure because of Eugenol, which is an antioxidant, present in it.
- As it is a detoxifying substance, it regulates uric acid levels in the body and eliminates risks of developing kidney stones.
- It is excellent for dental health and healthy gums because Tulsi leaves fights with bacteria present in the mouth.
- Tulsi has Linoleic acid, which is significantly beneficial for skin.
- It acts as a detoxifying, cleansing and purifying agent due to which it is used in herbal and cosmetic products.
- It is also effective in treating skin disorders, allergies, infections, and pathogens.
- Tulsi leaves have anti-inflammatory properties that can help protect your eyes from environmental damage and any other infection.
Exquisite Uses of Basil Leaves
Get Rid of Fever
Fever, viral & cold is very common in winters. But leave all worries, if you have a panacea of basil leaves. Make a hot brew of tulsi leaves and add ginger power & neem leaves if possible, and forget your fever altogether. Moreover, you can apply its paste on legs, if you have intense pain in your legs because of high temperature. This will considerably reduce the pain.
Do You Have a Kidney Stone? Take Basil Leaves!
If renal stones have captured your body, then these can be removed easily with the help of tulsi leaves. Crossbred the juice of basil leaves & honey, and take it regularly. This simple formula will eliminate the pain along with stone. Calcium oxalate is harmful to kidney & the regular dose of tulsi prevents its formation. Being a detoxifying agent, it helps in reduction of uric acid in the body. Hence, by reducing the level of uric acid & calcium oxalate, it automatically reduces the danger of stone formation in the kidney.
Inevitably Curtails a Headache
Are you suffering from the migraine problem? Or infection & cold have enhanced severe headache? Then, you must take tulsi leaves. These can prove elixir for you, as it relaxes the nerves & become a significant cure for headache problem. Even its little quantity can give you colossal relaxation.
Has Stress Grabbed Your Precious Moments?
Here is its solution. Today, everyone lives hectic & stressful life. Whether you agree or not, but this stress gives birth to numerous deadly diseases, which curtail the happy moments. Having adaptogen properties, tulsi leaves are incredibly beneficial in calming the nerves & relieving the body from stress and results in better sleep. If the level of cortisol (stress hormone) gets raised in the body, then it may endanger us badly. However, basil leaves help in controlling the level of cortisol and hence prove as a boon for the body.
Basil leaves are the panacea for any health problem and hold a prominent place in medicinal & health aspects. For diabetes, weight reduction, removal of obesity, urinary infection and many other health problems, these leaves are a boon. Either intake basil drink regularly or take the decoction of seeds; these leaves have astounding benefits.
By using it, an individual can repress countless problems with this magical herb by consuming it regularly. Indeed, it is ‘Queen of Herbs.’
Thanks dear ..its very usefull article .keep Writing ..waiting for next article.